Do you remeber when...

You found out Santa wasnt real? I cant remember and I wanna be on my toes for when that day comes for my child. Were your upset about it?

mommywood13

Asked by mommywood13 at 1:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• yes
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think I was 9 or 10 and it was a gradual discovery. Every year I put two and two together.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, I do, I was probably older than most. I was in the fourth grade and my teacher (who I adored) made a comment about "oh, well I'm sure you all know that Santa isn't real by now" I didn't, until she said it!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think I was about 9, I remember exactly what happened! My parents had gotten my a table from "Santa" and my dad had put it together so it was out Christmas morning. Well, my dad didn't hide the box well and I found it and figured it out. I don't remember being too upset about it.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Same here, it was a gradual thing, no big let down moment.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• About 6 or 7. My brother is 6 years older than me and my sister is 4 years older than me. They just couldn't stand it that I wanted to believe so they told me and showed me where Santa hid the presents. Sure enough, on Christmas morning the presents that were from Santa were the very same ones that were in the top of my parent's closet.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I really don't think I ever believed in Santa just because I was one of those philosophical nerdy kids who questioned everything lol, I actually remember in vivid detail this time in preschool when I said to my best friend, very carefully as to not upset him "Ryan, I don't think Santa is real." and he got really defensive and said something to the effect of "yes he is!" and he turned and stomped away and I was upset with myself for saying anything! I even remember watching the wrinkles in his white t-shirt as he walked away, lol. Strange how random memories stay with you!
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 2:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I was 6. My mother stayed up making cookies while wrapping gifts. I wouldn't have notices except the smell of fresh cookies filled the house My tummy couldn't handle it. I quietly crepted down the long starcase. Trying not to make the steps give my position away with their creaking, I finally made it down to the hallway. I could see my mother busy concentrating on what she was doing. All I knew I had to get to those cookies! Suddenly, I heard the steps creaking, only I hadn't moved. I turned to find my sister had awoke by the sweet smell coming from the kitchen. We watch my mom finish wrapping a gift for my other sister. We knew it was for her because it was all she talked about. As my mom grabbed something out of a sack I quickly moved toward the kitchen, where those cookies were cooling on a rack. My sister & I ate them all! My mom knew it was us coz the evidence on our faces & we knew we'd outgrown Santa. A sad moment...
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I do remember, I was around 10, but this was 30 years ago lol. I was a bit disappointed, but my mom let me help put gifts under the tree, and fill the stockings for my brother and sister, so I had fun.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My dad slipped. I wasn't happy. I have since figured out he was wrong. Santa does exist. ;)
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2010