What new traditions are you starting for your family?

I am starting a pre-thinkgiving dinner potluck for my closest friends and our babies. I am cooking a sage butter turkey with apple cider gravy and stuffing. First time making a turkey! Wish me luck! All of our babes are no more than 10 months apart. We want to have it every year.
Anyone else starting something this year?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 2:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• After dealing with the craziness and madness every year starting a week before Thanksgiving and ending after new years, I've had it. Starting this year we are doing lite Holidays meaning it's going to be more about family and seasonal treats and enjoying each other, instead of insane shopping and blah blah blah, in my opinion it's all just a big waste of money and time trying to deal with the crowdstrying to buy stuff that nobody is going to use or will be broken within a month, instead of enjoying this magical time of the year I lived it in stress, no more, I don't want my kids spoiled with too many toys and etc. etc. they are going to learn to love and appreciate what they get and we are going to enjoy the Holiday from now on, at least that's my goal ☺

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Mom is allowed to sleep in at weekends. Husband and daughters look after themselves.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 3:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We are going to have a Community Thanksgiving Dinner. There are so many single mom's and elderly folks who have lost their spouses these past few years who are alone. We don't have family here and most of our friends have rather large families that are 4 generations who come from all over for the holidays. We are hoping to make some new friends and make those who would have only had past memories, now have some new ones to add to them. It will truly be a day to be THANKFUL for....
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• A great idea. Here's something you might want to try. A Friendship fruit salad. Tell each person they need to bring a piece of fruit. Then have a pretty glass serving bowl, a cutting board and a knife waiting. Have them wash the fruit and them add it to the bowl. I add Ammaretto or a little orange juice. Toss and serve. It's a little different every year depending on what everyone brings.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010