Were you saddened to hear that Obama's Grandmother passed away?

I just heard that she died today and I can't imagine how hard that has to be for him and his family to go through with just one more day to go in the campaign. It will take great faith to get through for them What are your thoughts?

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 5:06 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• =O What? She did? Aw, that's so incredibly sad. I was hoping she'd make it through election day. At least she made it through her birthday.

And if ANYONE says anything mean in this post, shame on you. You're an evil psychopath if you think it's funny or "okay" that his grandma died.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It is so sad that she didn't stay alive just one more day to see if her grandson becomes president. That is really sad .
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 5:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i cant say i am sad because its him. i am sorry for his family and what they will go through. it is always sad when a person dies no matter who they are related to.
    Anonymous

• I nearly cried while reading the news article, because of what she meant to him. Politics aside, we all have a family member that had a great influence in our life, and we all know, or can imagine, how devestating it must be. Then tack on the fact that you may or may not become the next leader of our country in the next 24 hours. I know that it would have meant a lot to me to have that special family member see me through a stressful time like this must be for Obama. My prayers are with his family.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• As with any human being, hearing that someone passed away is always very saddening, but that doesnt change my decisions about the election.
    Anonymous

• i could care less i didn't know her. so it doesn't effect me unless if is a friend or family or when someone was murdered before their time or when people like casey anthony who kill their kids. that's when i feel bad about people dying. it was her time to go so now she is where god places her.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My sympathies and prayers are with his family. It's really sad that this happened now of all times.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• wow.. that's sad... my prayers do go out to him and his family. during times like that is when i think anyone can set aside the politics and have sympathy.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• It's always sad to see someone lose someone they love. The answer yes.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• not really
    Anonymous