help! babys stomach is soo hard!

she has been like for a few hours now.. i tried putting her on her stomach but its not helping a whole lot.. we are using enfamil now...
i tried Gripe water .. not helping either..

what do i do

Layan82

Asked by Layan82 at 2:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not good! usually means an intestinal blockage or something similar. Does she seem uncomfy, unhappy? If she is screaming or crying a lot, I would take her to the ER.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• she is.. very unhappy and screaming
    Layan82

Comment by Layan82 (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• give her some apple juice not the baby kinds it's diluted with water but just regular apple juice and that should help her poop. It worked like a charm with both my boys. Sometimes you have to take the diaper off and help them push out the turd by pushing around the the butt hole, I know it sounds crazy and all but sometimes their poop can be big and it's hard for them to push it out alone so they need a little help. Good luck, I would really try the apple juice it helps great even if they are a couple of weeks old. Talk to her pedi about the formula making her constipated.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• what my mom did to us and what I do for my son is put lotion or olive oil and rub lower tummy gently in a circular motion. Usually it helps poop and gas move. Just plain water helps too. My mom has 5 kids and 10 grandkids so she knows A LOT about babies.....she taught me this method and it usually works like a charm. If your baby is gassy you can give her mylacon from any drug store. it is very gentle and helps pas gas either through burp or fart.
    mel4christ

Answer by mel4christ at 3:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Ever heard of.KARO surup? This is surup that you use to bake with. The grocery store sells it either in the baked goods isle or where you get regular pancake surup.Theres a clear kind or a dark, use the clear! It only takes a couple drops in a bottle,around a tsp. full.My doctor told me about this ears ago, Works Like A Charm evertime! It's all natural so it wont hurt the baby. I just used it last week on my neices little baby, poor little thing was screaming cause she couldn't go, within 20 min she had 2 big ol'e blow outs! It really does work!!!!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Karo is a botulism risk , same as honey. OP, was there a change in formula? If so, go back to what you were using before.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• karo syrup, in the "past' was a risk factor but no longer is because of a recent change in the processing of formula.Google it!!!! Doctors reccomend it, it works!!!!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree with anichols1, My son had to have karo syrup in the beginning but slowly he got better, if still concerned contact your Pediatrician!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010