Have you heard of Rent a Goat?

LOL, watched this on nightline. A story coming out of Seattle. Great idea and eco friendly. Would you rent a goat (s)? Do you like the idea? Pro's or Con's?
for fun:
GOAT FACTS

Bet you didn't know:

A goat's pupils are rectangular.

Their average life span is eight to 12 years.

Worldwide, meat and milk from goats are consumed more than the meat and milk from cows.

Goats can eat up to 8 pounds of green foliage a day.

Sources: Ohio State University, American Boer Goat Association

VGonzalez73

Asked by VGonzalez73 at 3:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Ok, it's going to be obvious that I'm a city person, but I just have to ask. What would you use a goat for if you rented it?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Im sorry, durr, i should of included that! here is a link (http://www.seattlepi.com/local/319789_goats14.html) They are eating machines and can clear brush and blackberries vines, etc. One family needed to clear their backyard of bush/vines and rented the goats and saved quite a bit of money. Per the above link "The trend started in the early 1990s in Los Angeles County, where goats were found to be an effective tool for clearing underbrush on fire-prone hillsides. That practice spread to parts of the Sierra Nevada and the Oakland, Calif., hills. ...When it comes to steep slopes covered in blackberry vines, goats are faster and cheaper than human crews or heavy equipment. Goats can't compete with herbicides for speed but can work in wetlands and along stream banks with minimal threat to water quality or salmon habitat."
    VGonzalez73

Comment by VGonzalez73 (original poster) at 3:17 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Its the Hertz in Tibet
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Hmmm. I don't think I'd rent a goat. They smell, bad. And how do you keep them from eating things that you don't want to be eaten? Who cleans up all their poo?

LOL at Zoeyis!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Ah, ok. You can tell we mow our yard with a weed wacker. That makes sense. Neat!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Great idea - and soo green!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• LOL! I have a feeling my husband would say no, and opt for something loud and mechanical. I would do it though!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 9:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2010