Any methods for TTC?

any tips or advice that would help TTC

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I used basal body temperature chart. It works! I TTC for about 6 months to no avail and tracked my temperatures one month then based my sexual activities around when I knew I was fertile the next month and I got pregnant that month:-)
    mel4christ

Answer by mel4christ at 4:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We tried on our own fro 3 years, and then we had to switch to fertility treatments. The only advice I can offer is don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen right away (I know, much easier said than done) but even after the 3 years of nothing, we still had to do 9 rounds of treatments before it worked. If you've tried for at least 6 months to a year and still nothing, I would get tested to make sure everything works properly. Good Luck!
    Erin_Jus

Answer by Erin_Jus at 5:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Along with mel4christ states you may want to look into charting your cervical position and mucous. This will tell you if you are fertile. Ovulation does not mean fertile. You have to have fertile mucous for the sperm to live long enough to make it to the egg.

A great reference is Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler.

These charts will also be helpful to your doctor if after a year, you still have not concieved. They will tell him if you are ovulating regularly, if you have enough mucous, if your luteal phase is too short...it will help guide him to the correct treatment to achieve a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• whoops! they need to move that anon option!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010