Men should not be allowed on Cafemom

People say this, the website say it and I agree, but no one ever offers any suggestions as to how this would be implemented. As such, just let people use the site and if they are misusing it, report them, regardless of gender.

To me, personally, that just seems easier than worrying about who Jane Stranger behind the doggy icon really is. Nuff said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I find it funny that when women are excluded from something over their gender, they scream bias, but they have NO problem doing the same to men. As if every man who wanders into Cafemom is a perv and a creep. Sorry, but a few years ago, I saw women here chase a single dad off this site for coming in and asking for HELP with his childrearing questions.

If someone's being a nozzle, fine. Kick them out, regardless of gender. If people are here for honest help, then fine, let them be.

And if you're so freaked out over the possibility that *gasp* A MAN might read your intimate girlie question, why are you asking it on the internet???
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I completely agree with you!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'd love to have a site JUST LIKE THIS ONE or even a portion of this one, dedicated to parents of both genders. I think we could learn a lot from the dad's POV esp in certain categories. I honestly would not mind men on the site. And no, I'm not looking to date, I am happily married.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Really all we women can do is be carefull with giving out personal info, like we teach our kids on other social networking sites!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 6:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Nothing can be done, but if they want to lurk and play along, what the heck!
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• why they can be a mom to
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 3:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• "Gender bias is stupid for sites that are for both males and females. It is not BIAS if it is a site reserved for women. And if they already have their hands full with goofball women, they don't need creepy men making matters worse. Men should NOT be here, PERIOD."

question was based on this response in another thread. I was curious what the person thinks can be done about it? They make it sound so very easy, so they must know something we don't. As someone else once stated, you don't exactly submit a DNA test to join up, so how would it be determined short of them announcing themselves? Just let it be and worry about it when there's a problem.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I enjoy that every once in a blue moon a man will get on and ask a question. I think it is fun to answer him. I answered one about a debate he was having with his wife about parking the new car way far out in the parking lot as to not get scratches. It was a fun question, and I got a best answer out of it lol. I don't mind it occasionally.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• So then what do we do about transvestites? At least I think thats what their called?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• "This is CafeMOM right? The title says it all." <<<one of the most tired answers I've ever seen.

Obviously didn't read the post.

A name isn't going to stop anyone from using the site if they want to, as such, why worry about who or what they are and just worry about it the ones causing a problem regardless of gender. The smart ones just keep quiet and let you believe what you want to believe so they can keep using the site the same as everyone else does:  adult interactivity, socializing and parenting advice.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010