Do you help the Less Fortunate at Christmas time?

Do you drop money in the savation army can or take a tag off the supermarket tree for kids?

anichols1

Asked by anichols1 at 5:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• My sister and I made a rule years ago, when we were teenagers, that whenever we pass by a Salvation Army bell ringer, we would put whatever change is in our pockets in the kettle. 20 years later, we both still follow this rule.
    My husband and I usually sponser a child through an angel tree, but this year, we are financially unable to do this. I am disappointed, but we have already decided that we will not buy each other gifts and have cancelled an annual holiday weekend trip just so we can afford to buy the kids a few gifts. Things are tight this year.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I always give the Salvation army can money on the way out of every shopping trip (which is allot of trips) I also donate food to food banks, and coats for coat drives and a few things for toys for tots. I also take Blankets and other items to Animal shelters if you count that, but I tend to do that year round.

endurablemist

Answer by endurablemist at 6:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I am less fortunate
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I try to do both things that you mentioned.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I rarely pass a Salvation Army bucket without putting something in. I hate when I don't have anything. I try to do at least an Angel Tree or Toys for Tots but this year, I don't know if we will be able to.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes we do, my little boys get such a kick out of dropping money in the kettle.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We like to do Toys for Tots.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 3:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010