Stubborn SO

So, I'm high risk pregnancy, and the OB made it very clear that I'm going to to deliver early, and everyone who's gonna be around me and the baby need to have a flu shot and be healthy, otherwise it poses a risk to me and the baby. I get that my hubby is terrified of needles, but he's had what he's refering to a "head cold" for going on 3 weeks. He refuses to go get seen because he knows he's gonna get the shot. Thankfully, I've not caught it..yet. Any suggestions on how I can get him to go to the Dr. or is this just one of those things I'm gonna have to schedule and go pick him up and take him myself (even though I'm on bed rest)? It's beyond frustrating. Help!

Erin_Jus

Asked by Erin_Jus at 6:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Tell him stop being such a sissy and man up. Do whats right for you and the baby.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would just tell him either he goes to the doctor for you and the baby's well being or he can go stay at a friend or family members house until he is better. That is of course if you can get someone else to stay with you while you are on bed rest.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My husband is the same way. I would say you might have to schedule it and take him if that is the only way he will cooperate . I hope he does. At a minimum he needs to think of the baby's health.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Risking the life of your unborn baby so he doesn't have to get a shot...wow, what a man.

Make him live some place else until he gets the shot.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think I finally nagged him so much he is finally going to go. He scheduled an appointment for 2:00 today. I'm going to go with him to make sure he gets his shot...guys sometimes...
    Erin_Jus

Comment by Erin_Jus (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2010