how should i get lid of strech marks fast.

i just gave birth 4mnths ago and i look as if i have ridges on my sides and batts.what do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'm not sure there is anything that will completely get rid of them. I think the treatment, if there is any, probably has to happen as the skin is stretching. My children are 40, 37, and 33 and I still have the stretch marks. Of course, that could be due in part to the fact that mine never bothered me and I really made no effort to get rid of them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You can get a tummy tuck. Other than that...only time will fade them slightly if at all.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Other than having plastic surgery, there is no way to get rid of stretch marks. And even then, it only works if you have excess skin that needs to be removed and the only stretch marks that are removed are the ones that were on the skin that has been removed. Any others, will still be there.

Stretch marks fade over time. They shrink when one loses weight (if weight needs to be lost).. But they never just go away.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Give them time, they will fade. In the meantime, use moisturizer, rub it in really good, at least daily. It's only been 4 months, when you lose some weight, that will help. Also exercises will help.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2010