Do more active members tend to get special priviledges here?

just curious.
Like are they treated with more respect by other members and the website when they have an idea or comment?

I'd hope not, just because someone has alot of spare time in their personal lives doesn't make them a better person.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• as with the whole credit-accumulation, you are allowed certain extras that lesser credited CMers aren't. i can't remember what level gets what, but currently, i can recatagorize and flag for tmi/content. ( i think that last one came with level 31, not sure.) i don't think CMers with high levels are necessarily 'respected' more, by CM or its users. like you said, i just means they have a lot of time on their hands, or they play all those 'crazy for credits' games to up their levels. i mean, except for one or two in the mid-40s levels, how often do you see one of them actually contributing to a thread or posting?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think the more active you are the more well known you are.. not necessarily getting more respect though.. you can be an actively negative member, that's not good!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Not on Cafemom, I would say, but maybe in certain groups
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i do not have the foggiest idea

but i have no comments or any ideas, pretty much empty up there,
    so i do not ask for anything and that is what i get too, so it works out just fine
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't think so. I'd guess that most of the people in the Answers section don't even pay attention to who is posting, unless it's really negative.

In the individual groups it's different, because it's always the same people (generally speaking) and you get to know each other pretty well. In here, I believe the posters are more transient.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't play the crazy for credit games. I don't pay attention to them at all. I enjoy asking, reading and answering questions. I am 44 with 5 kids, I have some experience in parenting..not that I am always right, but I do try to help. I am stuck on a computer all day at work so I can pop in and out at will. I have been here 2 years this past June, I don't think establishe moms get better treatment from the admin of this site. I do get the feeling that some on my friends list kind of follow my questions, etc but that is about it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• no i dont think so
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 3:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010