WHY DO SUCCESSFUL WOMEN STRUGGLE IN MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP?

Why do successful women struggle in marriage ? I have been wondering this myself for a while i thought at first bfore doing any research maybe women really are right that most men have become emasculated and that only a few extremely powerful and truely masculine men could date those type of women...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• cuz they put too much stress on themselves and are bombarded with constant pressures from society, friends and female family members. Men don't get that kind of pressure and when they do they tend to blow it off.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Depends on what you mean by succesful. If it's work/ carreer ... Some handle it well and with others ... something has to give.
    I'm a working mom and provide for my family. We need food on the table and bills to be paid. I wish I was a super-mom and do it all, but I ain't. So there's allways something I'm running after. Wether it's houshold, administration, raising our dd, workstuff, the garden or meeting up with friends. As long as you stay a bit down to earth .... Nobody can't be in two places at once.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• All women struggle in relationships. The struggles are different and the way they handle them are different.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• the men struggle, too. Everyone handles things differently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't think being sucessful immunes a women from relationship problems. It depends on the dynamics in the relationship. Often sucessful women (in work) are driven and organized. These traits can effect a marriage if the man wants a more submissive wife. But in a marriage where the man doesn't need that, it works. Each relationship is unique. I do think the sucess of a marriage has more to do with having people whom are positive, committed, and can communicate well. These traits can actually help a women be more sucessful at work.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well, because according to some statistics, the more successful a man is, the more opportunity and likely he is to cheat. So, assuming that a successful women will go after a successful man, she's automatically setting herself up for a given type of behavior.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't think that successful women struggle any more in relatiosnhips that someone who may not be "successful".

Also, what's considered successful to one, may not be to someone else. My mom felt she was successful because she raised 6 kids, not because she made lots of money.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have a successful career as well as my husband. I am even more educated than my husband with 2 degrees already and now working on my masters. Our marriage is fine. We are happy and healthy. My dh does not feel jealousy or immasculated. He would tell me because we are just always honest with each other. In fact, he is proud of what I have accomplished and often brags to his co-workers of my sucesses. Maybe there are men out there that are insecure or something....but my dh is not like that at all.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I've never seen a successful woman have any marriage struggles.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2010