What is a typical day like at your house?

butterfly3010

Asked by butterfly3010 at 6:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We get up at 4:30 AM leave the house at 5:30 take dd to daycare and be to work by 6:00 work til 2 leave go sit at the school until school gets out. If I have errands to run I do those before going to the school. Get dd drive 15 miles home. Get on and read and respond to emails get on CM, let the dogs out, start laundry, start supper, do dishes, fold laundry. Watch some TV get baths and ready for bed time to start it all over again the next morning.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Wake up early. Give my DD breakfast and turn her cartoons on while I make my DH and myself lunch and get a shower and get dressed, then get DD dressed, take her to daycare then work all day. After work, pick her up from daycare, come home and cook dinner, then clean up the kitchen, then give DD a bath and then change out of my work clothes and read her some books, then its her bedtime and depending on how tired I am, I may watch a little TV or just go straight to bed.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Crazy, we are up by 6:00 am. I get my DS up and he gets ready for school. My DH drops him off, then I get my DD and DS up for school. They have breakfast and my DD takes her meds, depending on the day she may have rehab. If not then I drop her at school, and then drop DS at school. While everyone is at school, I do many things. Clean, shop, laundry, write ect. At 2:00 I pick up DS, at 2:30 I pick up DD, at 4:15 I pick up DS. I make dinner, and then we do homework, go to practice for whatever sport the kids are playing. By the time we get home it is time for showers, snacks and bed. After kids are in bed I will either go on computer, read, or finish up choirs.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Lets see up by 6:30 get dressed get the kids up and we each get one dressed. I pack the diaper bag, and make lunches then were all out of the door by 7:20. He goes straight to work and I drop the kids off at the sitter. Then Im off by 4:00 to pick the kids up and go home/wherever. Dads off by 4:30 then home to shower and go to school til 10. In the mean time I feed the kids and go through the bed time routine! Our days are exhausting and I can NOT wait for something to give!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It's not as hectic as it was when I was a single working parent of 3 young girls...but you know looking back I can say I am happy to have gone through it all. Now my youngest gilr is 17 and takes care of herself and my 6 yr old is a breeze compared to having the 1st 3 all to myself.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• *girl
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• DH, 5 kids and a 9 month old Golden Retriever...a zooooooooooooo
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2010