do you judge people when you hear what their religious is or is not?

just curious

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 6:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• only if inward eye-rolling counts, but outwardly I try not to. I like to think I'm very respectful of others' beliefs and keep my personal thoughts to myself.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Not really, but it is my religious belief that is judged and judged harshly. I am 7th Day
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• tends to go the other way for me, they hear Atheist and start whipping out the torches and pitchforks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I try not to, but I'm sure I'm not 100% successful.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It's the other way for me to. i live in the south and I am catholic. For some reason there are more catholics in the north and fewer in the south. So I am judged very often. I am not one to judge others though. It is their life and decision not mine.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I respect all positive religions. I consider our difference as part of Life--- and a delight !
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 6:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No... tho I do become more cautious around certain Christians demons. Just from personally exp.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No, but I do try to learn more about the religion so I can have a better understanding. For example, our older daughter's best grade school friend was Baha'i and did not celebrate Christmas. We honored that and my daughter exchanged gifts with her in February for a holiday they celebrated. It meant a lot to the girl that not only was she not judged, but she could share her holiday with a friend.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I grew up being encouraged to try all religions. I have friends of all faiths. I don't judge based on religions
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2010