if you do not belong to an organized religion, what happens when you die?

do you have funeral home wake, no church service and then a burial ?curious if things are similar just no church service...

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 6:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Pretty much we just get the body cremated and have a get together at home with close family and friends and eat, joke around, and talk about the deceased. I'm Atheist.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• the same thing as everyone else, religion is made of faith and hope, not hard facts. All we know for certain at our current level of understanding without a doubt is that we exist, then cease to exist. Thats not meant as a dig to anyone btw.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Just because I do not follow an organized religion does not mean that I don't have a beliefs system. I would more then likely have a wake of some sort, not sure about church service because I have not decided yet. I hope to be cremated and then a get together with the people who loved me.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'll have some sort of memorial service, and my DH is taking my ashes to the ocean. You don't need religion or a church affiliation to die or be buried, some just choose to use those services.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:22 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I am hoping my family opts for a green ceremony. It really depends on those that survive me though. If I go before my mother or a few of my siblings it will probably be a church service and praying or my soul the works, if it is my SO planning it than there will be a gathering filled with memories and booze. I really don't care one way or the other I will be dead. The aftermath is for those that lost you not for you.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2010