why do jehovah witnesses go door to door but the other religions do not(in my area)?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 6:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a JW. The bible states that the good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited land(matt 24-14). Also in 1Peter it states that Jesus left us a model to follow in his footsteps, Jesus also went home to home.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 7:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm buddhist... and personally i don't preach at all. To me, it's about a personal search for knowledge, enlightenment, and there are many ways to achieve that. My religion is definitly not hte only way, or the best way for many. So why preach?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• As for my church ( a Baptist) we feel that in today's society people are not too happy to open the door for when they don't know you. We invite the community to our church for fun free events. Then if the opportunity comes up we share our beliefs and information about our church.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 6:48 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Mormons and Baptists do in my area. The Baptists are nice, tho. The Mormons are a bit overbearing. (to us personally).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Jehovah's Witnesses go door-to-door to try to change others beliefs to theirs.
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 6:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• JW feel a big part of their religion is "witnessing" and go do to door to do just that. We have many more visiting Mormons than JW in our area, and for some reason I see them repeatedly in the same few neighborhoods. Thankfully ours is not one of them. Currently we go to a Bapist church and they will go around the neighborhood to invite for things like VBS or the Halloween block party, but not just for a talk on religion.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It's part of their faith - they have to spread the word to be true to their religion. I have two JW ladies that visit me once a month. They know I'm a Buddhist, and we have great conversations.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2010