Why do a lot of women want to have gay guys for friends?

Okay I know some of the ultra conservative people who are anti-gay don't want gay guys for friends (or atleast won't admit it). But I do. And I know a lot of other women who'd rather hang out with gay guys any day. This question is for everyone else (not anti-gay people).

imagine-that

Asked by imagine-that at 5:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I find that gay guys are like girlfriends but they aren't nearly as catty and bitchy if you do something that offends them. They can give you a true male perspective on things. They're usually much more open about what guys are truly thinking than straight guys are. It's like a secret "in" into the Boy's Club LOL! Plus it's hella fun to guy watch with gay guys, the ones I know are much more open about what they like in a guy than my girlfriends are.

Oh yeah, I forgot. It's also very nice to have a guy friend that you know is really only your friend, not just trying to get into your pants!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• their outgoing,straightfoward...to me gay guys are just tooo hilarious and speak whatever is on their mind,their not afraid to say anything,and they're like gf's =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• funny outgoing outrageous like to cook whats not to like
    smoothiequeen

Answer by smoothiequeen at 5:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have a gay guy friend and i have known him over 17 yrs and we are still great friends witch he loves how i joke and he gives me tips and i don't have to worry about getting hit on when i have a hubby and hubby feels good when i hang out with him
    Anonymous

• I don't think I seek out gay men to hang out with or anything, but I have gay men as friends and I do enjoy the relationship we have. Its like an extra girlfriend though because, not to stereotype, but these men don't have a clue what to do around a car or a home repair...lol...so I keep my straight guy friends too (which, btw, also don't know how to fix things, but are willing to try...lol)
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I love my guy friends that are gay... you wanna know why?!?!? It's never akward and i know for certain that they want to be my friend for the right reason, they aren't bored with the details of my life and are a wonderful shoulder to cry on... I can go out and dance with them, I can kiss them and it's nothing more than a kiss... they always treat me like a lady, they can point out hot guys with me, shop with me, watch chick flicks with me... and yet as men they are their to give me a guys point of view! I accpet them for who they are and in return they accpet me for who I am! I love my gay friends, and most of them we my bestest friends as kids and teenager way before they came out, and I even dated one of them, and you know what he was the best bf that I ever had. He treated me with respect and never once made me feel like I was a peice of ass!
    ThreeUnder3

Answer by ThreeUnder3 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• well i have had one gay guy as a best friend and it made me realize that when you really need someone there they are the most trustworth. women can sometimes be coniving and backstabbing. i have never seen a gay guy be that way
    apiemay86

Answer by apiemay86 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• They are comforting to me. I can still have that male companionship outside of my husband without feeling judged by them or without worrying that he might "put on a move." Apiemay86 said it best.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 8:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I agree with the very first answer, they are so much more fun than hanging with other girls. I would hang out with a gay guy over most girls I know any day. (maybe all of them) lol
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My gay guy friends are great. They're not afraid to say things to me that I need to hear and can say it without hurting my feelings and without losing themselves. They're like most of my girlfriends. The real ones, not the fake ones who want me pour my heart out then go tell channel 7.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 3, 2008