Where does everyone drop their crap in your house?

Everyone drops their stuff on my front entryway table including me but it still drives me crazy to look at it. Purses, diaper bags, backpack, mail.

Syphon

Asked by Syphon at 7:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We have what I call a "knee wall", a divider between the living room and the stairs to get downstairs....husband's wallet, change, mail, purse, bills, junk....makes me nuts because it's the first thing you see if company comes throught the front door. When that "wall" is clear, the room looks so much cleaner.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 7:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My kitchen counters, then when I tell them to move their junk, on my bar in the dining room. I'll let it go a day, two warnings, then I take care of it myself (I hide it). It's cut down some, but it makes me crazy to have junk lying around!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Luckily, we just moved our washer/dryer to the basement, so we have a big closet/mudroom by the door when everyone comes in now! That is where everything goes, before that, everyt hing was set on our dining table, counter, and barstools.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 7:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Everything usually ends up in 1 of 2 rooms- the livingroom or the kitchen. Drives me nuts I wish people would pick up after themselves and put things away when finished with them instead of just leaving them sit.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Right in the entry way,the kids throw their stuff on the floor their too lazy to hang their coats and backpacks up I alwasy have to remind them where to put their things.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• we have a split level so right in the landing before heading up to the main level...DH is the worst because he leaves a trail behind him there is no one set spot for him like there is the kids
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The dining room table. It it right off of our kitchen and the kids leave their junk all over it. It drives me nuts!
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Right in front of the door. He walks in drops his backpack and kicks off his shoes. I have to remind him daily to put his stuff up!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Right in the entryway or the dining room.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The toilet....duh.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010