Help.. I need to cook one week of healthy meals.

I only need 1 full week of lunches (mostly leftovers) and dinners for two adults and one 'new' to table food 9 mo old.

I am trying to take an online class and I need to cook ahead so I have time to study.

Here is what I have .....
chicken
ground turkey
tuna
4 different kinds of pasta
the basics (milk, eggs, bread)
almost any spice
lots of potatoes
bread machine

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can do a pasta salad with pasta, maybe some tuna, and if you want you can throw in some peas and diced cooked carrots. A little ranch dressing and pop it in the fridge for easy access.
    You can make a turkey loaf, have it shaped and ready to go. When you're ready just pop it in the oven.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i love tacos
    alisha0030

Answer by alisha0030 at 8:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If you have any broccoli (frozen works fine) and some rice (pref. not instant), you can boil some of the chicken, adding sage, poultry seasoning, some celery salt if you have it, some onion salt if you have it, and some garlic (powder or salt, I wouldn't suggest fresh for this), and some bullion (unless you use chicken on the bone) . You want a sort of "spice heavy" broth. Boil most of the water away, then use the broth that you boiled the chicken in to measure out the water needed for the rice, according to the directions on the rice. Measure the broth, rice, etc back into the pot you cooked the rice in. Cut or shred the chicken up and put it back in with the rice, and add the frozen broccoli. Then cook the rice with the chicken and broccoli in it according to the directions on the rice. (20 minute rice works best for this)

Top with shredded cheese (cheddar, colby, co-jack, etc...).
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Two Words: Rachael Ray

Check out her magazine for some kick-ass recipes. Just plug your ingredients into the search bar. That site and her magazine has saved me so many times. www.rachaelraymag.com
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 9:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Try kraftfoods.com
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• bump

Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010