Please I need some advice..

I am 38 weeks tomorrow and I was just wondering what does squatting do to help induce labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sorry, I never heard of squatting to help induce labor. I've heard of sex (the sperm helps soften the cervix), walking, certain teas (raspberry leaf tea), castor oil (yuck! and you're only supposed to do that under doctor's supervision anyway). Good luck. Just wait until the baby is ready. Not all babies are ready to be born at the same time.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 5:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I think that is just to help you with delivery and the pain of labor, not to bring it on.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Never heard of squatting to induce labor. I wouldn't rush it. The baby will come when he/she is supposed to!
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I don't think squatting helps induce labor in any way. It can, however, help you remain limber for delivery. :) That's a plus! It is also used as a birthing position, so maybe that's what you're thinking of...
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008