I am freaking please help.

Okay so I went to the bathroom earlier and the 3 mins I was in there my daughter put kitty litter in her mouth. I am not sure if she swallowed any. I rinsed her mouth out the best I could and gave her something to drink. She is 21 months old. I don't why she would even wanna do this but kids do the darndiest things! Is there something else I need to do?? I don't want her to get sick! Its really scaring me there is no telling what kinda chemicals and bacteria ugh please help :'(. And if you are going to bash be cause she did this keep it to yourself can't have your eyes everywhere all the time!! I feel bad enough already!

mommakoehler88

Asked by mommakoehler88 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Here it is

For a poison emergency in the U.S. call 1-800-222-1222 American Association of Poison Control Centers

RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Read the warning label on the bag and see what it says, call the doctor and ask what to do, call the poison control hotline and ask them if you need to do anything.
    I'll see if I can find the poison control number and post it
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 8:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would just keep an eye on her to see if she starts getting sick. If something seems unusual call the doctor. You can always call the poisen control hotline if you are really worried. I'm sure she will be fine. Kids are so crazy sometimes, always trying to put something in there mouth.
    LindsayLL2010

Answer by LindsayLL2010 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I always call the nurse help line at my local hospital for things like that! They go through signs and symptoms with you and give you a nurse's recommendation. I have a little one who is 2 1/2 now but he was 1 1/2 when he ate vasiline!! He got a hold of it durning naptime and ate at least a teaspoonful!! I was mortified! The number I call is 1-800-424-3258>>> GOOD LUCK!
    DSMMama

Answer by DSMMama at 9:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• First off... you are not a bad mommy because this happened. She's only 21 mo. there is so much she's going to get into that you can't prevent. You did right by rinsing her mouth out. I would watch her for signs of being sick but other than that, not much you can do. You might want to call her Dr. office just to be on the safe side. Don't feel bad. My daughter got a hold of my Advil! I freaked, counting how many were in there and swearing myself off as a horrible mother. There was one missing and a few had the coating off of it! I freaked out, did what you did (washed her mouth out, gave her a drink, called the doc and then watched her like a hawk). About a week later I found the one pill that was missing. It had rolled under my bed. So she didn't ingest a full one after all. It just made me more cautious.
    Big hugs!
    ANGIE613

Answer by ANGIE613 at 9:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• THANK YAW SO MUCH! ... I called! They said nothing to eat or drink for an hour. To watch for fever and throwing up. If she does to go to the doctor. But she seemed to think she would be fine! Yaw are a life saver I was completely freaking out and now I am crying! Oh the joys of mother hood lol. Thanks again soo much!!! :)
    mommakoehler88

Comment by mommakoehler88 (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2010