new name?

We've gotten nothing but neg. Comments on the name we picked for our son so we decided to change it for fear he will get made fun of. We are considering this new name...Elijah Rileigh Bosin....

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 8:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Baby Names

• Name your kid what you want to name him who cares what anyone else thinks!
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 11:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'm curious what the original name was. I went against the grain and named my son something different and he has endured some ridicule for it. He even wanted to change his name legally a couple years ago. He is over that, thankfully! Anyways - I like that name. Would you use the whole name or would you use the nick name Eli?
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 9:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I like that name. its unique :)
    mauricellaf

Answer by mauricellaf at 9:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You may want to name your kid something unique because YOU think it's cool but remember HE is the one that has to live with it.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Love that one....
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I love the names Elijah and Riley, they make for a great name, but I think the way Rileigh is spelled is kind of feminine.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i really like it
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I want my child to have a name to be proud of. Having randi for a name growing up was awsome and I want that for my children too. My daughters name is jaecelinn (noone will have that) the original name was Rileigh but everyone said it was to femmy. Makes me sad because I loved it. Which that's why im keeping it as a middle name. I think elijah is a strong handsome name and we will probably call him eli ;)
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I know several boys named Riley. Maybe it was the spelling you were using that made them think it was a girly name. Don't let other people influence you.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I like that name!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010