Kids?

What do u do when wife and husband dont agree on the # of children to have? there was a number chosen but due 2 two bad csection experiences the mom has changed her mind

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 9:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• As life changes, people change their minds about things. It's a part of life, rolling with the punches. When my husband and I are butting heads on an issue, we dig deeper into WHY we feel like we do and so far we have always been able to come to a compromise that we can both live with.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• People change their minds, and it sounds like there is a good reason to in this case. If a man loves his wife, he is going to understand that she just can't go through the same bad experience again.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I say that it's her body and if there is a good medical reason not to continue to have children naturally then she shouldn't be forced to just to make her husband happy. That will only result in resentment of him and possibly the children too. Even if there isn't a medical reason not to have more kids - it's the womans body & usually her life that is changed the most by having children - no one should be forced into having kids if they don't want them.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 9:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i think you need to chat some more in a rational manner. but ultimately it is her body. i also think adoption or fostering is a great option to fill the need for more! GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• There is no way both can win in this situation, however in light of the fact that she is having physical trouble, I think he should defer to her wishes. That is hard on the body. I have 5, 2 of whom were C-sections.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• its her body and i would think hubby would want her around to help raise the other ones.......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If you do not wat more, you do not have to have more. Talk to your husband about the benefits of stopping(sleeping through the night,etc). My dh and I disagreeed on having one more child for awhile. But once we discussed it and went over the perks of stopping at one....he came around. Plus he told me last week that he really feels our family is complete and he is glad we rationally discussed this.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think that you talk about it rationally. Listening to each others thoughts and feelings. An answer that is good for everyone can be found. My Dh always wanted 3. I only wanted one or two. We were able to sit down and talk about it and decided that 2 was the perfect number for us. WE both feel we made the right choice even though it isn't what he 'always' wanted.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2010