black friday I need a sitter

Ok we never went christmas shopping before on black friday because DH is normally working on that day, but this year he took a vication day for that day and so I really want to go christmas shopping, but the thing is I have no friends or family that can watch the girls 5 and almost 3. How can I get a babysitter? I don't drive so which means DH has to go with me. Also I wanted to know what time it starts and what time does it end? How bad is it when you go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• I never go. To me the crowd isn't worth the savings. It can get ugly. Most of the sales start at 4:00 A.M I think. As far as a babysitter can't help there.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• some stores may open at midnight, but most major chains will open around 3am. its crazy. i don't do it, never have. i prefer to sleep-in, and take a late lunch amidst all the craziness at the mall or someplace in a shopping area, just so i can look at the crazies and shake my head. lol!
    you would need an overnight babysitter, i'd guess, for kids that age. the best thing would be to take them thursday night, and pick them up late morning friday, to not interrupt their sleeping. but if you have no one to leave them with, i don't see how you can do the Black Friday thing.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would have my husband drop me off, and come back and get me,, I hate the crowds and the shopping, and honestly if your not looking for something in particular, I would wait!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Bring them with you?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Many stores open by 5 am, and the crowds start at the toy stores and Walmart/ Target/ KMart. I usually hit Best Buy first and then department stores and stay away from the toy stores. If that works for you, you can take the LOs with you. If you are shopping primarily for toys for them, ....are they in school? Can you ask a friendly family at school if they can help you? I'd watch them for you, but have no idea where you are.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Bring them with you?

ya but then they see what they got then my 3 year old throws a fit because she wants what she sees me getting and my 5 year old believes in santa and I don't want her to stop believing yet
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Maybe get a taxi. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Best what to find out what time they start is to get the newspaper the day before.  They will have all sorts of advertisement of the stores and sales.  Some people depending on the store camp out hours before hand. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2010