Anyone else use pr0bitotics when your kids have the stomach bug?

OMG I swear but his stuff! I usually buy the florastor powder but this time I got chewables that has immune boosters and such in it as well. Flaxseed, blueberries, elderberries, pomegranate... What kind do you use?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• WOW I have never heard of it. I do swear by giving them yogurts though when they have an upset stomach. Danactive or Yasimine, Yo Yo Crunch, usually do the trick for us. I will look for those next time. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We do some of that and yogurt smoothies help too. My son has IBS caused by a doctor overdosing him on antibiotics and we have to deal with it often. We are stocked up in Pepto, probiotics and yogurt. LOL Even the occasional Phenergan and Ondansetron.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We keep the capsules in the frig at all times. We take those only when we have to take antibiotics. But we also keep Activia yogurt and eat that every day. Well, my hubby eats his every day. I tend to skip here and there! Our newest grandbaby, who is almost 3 months, has had reflux issues since birth. The pediatrician recommended some probiotic drops that have helped tremendously. They are expensive, but they are worth the price.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don;t know what the deal is with my kids but when they get a stomach bug they would have it reoccurring for DAYS even up to a week and a half before. Then their ped recommended the florastor. It works every time. They get sick and by day 2 I start the probiotics and they no longer get the reoccurring bug.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It's kind of expensive but very worth it for us. anywhere from 12-30 depending on the brand and number of doses.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I gave my kids yogurt when they had to take antibiotics and it helped prevent stomach upsets.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• They get yogurt normally but if they are throwing up or have diarrhea this is a good way to get those good things without the dairy.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The kids and I take probiotics (pill or caplet form) on a daily basis. Yogurt and keifer are not options for us because we have to limit our dairy intake.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Thankfully my kids don't get sick too often
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2010