A kid spat on my son during a football game from the opposing team. What should I tell the coach??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Let it go, hard as it may be. Football is a full-on contact sport, often between agressive, hormone-riddled teams. If you're fine with your son playing the game, stay out of it. Should HE have an issue with the spitting, HE should tell the coach or ref. Don't blow it out of proportion.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well, the game is now over, so unless you know exactly who the kid is, if you do, contact the coach from that school, unsportsman like conduct is unacceptable, if you don't know who the other child is, you might want to talk to your son's coach about the incident, your kiddo needs to know that that is unacceptable, and as long as his team acts nicely, just let it go!!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If the ref didn't see it at the time and call an unsportsmanlike penalty, nothing can be done now.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It isn't up to you to say something at this age. Your son should have said something to the coach as soon as it happened. It is too late to do anything about it now.
    Anonymous

• It's football, and while it may be kinda young, believe me college football players and pros say and do a LOT worse
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i would tell the ref
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The game is over. If the ref saw it there would have been a penalty. I think it's too late now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• That is horrible! I would tell the coach and at least find out who he was so someone can have a talk with him about good sportsmanship. I wouldn't allow him to get away with it!
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 11:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It's kind of hard to actually prove as being intentional after the fact. Unless a ref or coach saw it happen at the time, it's way too late now to say anything.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Your son should talk to the coach. Spitting is so nasty. Personally I think at the very least charges of unsportsmanlike behavior should be made against the boy of the other team. If that isn't an option I'd check state laws to see if spitting can be considered a criminal charge.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2010