Engagement ring...

Is your engagement ring a diamond or something? Mine is a mystic fire topaz. What is your stone?

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 10:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• White Sapphire. We never could have afforded a diamond this big.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• sapphire
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have 4 smaller diamonds since my original "engagement" ring had no stones and is a one of a kind that matches my band and husband's band. We put diamonds into it later - one for each of our children.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• one larger diamond with 12 smaller ones around it....nothing big but i really love it
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 10:46 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I opted not to get an engagment ring.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My engagement ring is also my wedding ring. When we celebrate our fifth anniversary we plan on adding a band to it. The ring I currently have has a ruby in the center and two diamonds on the sides with a white gold band and black antiquing to show of the ruby and diamond. I love it and it is one of a kind!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My mom gave us the diamond for my ring, otherwise I would have opted for a sapphire or my birthstone. I wasn't into diamonds, but this sucker is gorgeous. It has a triangle shaped tsavorite garnet (green!) on each side. My wedding band is 4 small diamonds and 5 small tsavorites.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Me engagement ring is a diamond, 1 1/2 carats & marquis cut. The wedding band fits underneath it & has a smaller diamond on each side. I love them so much!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Mine is a princess cut solitare diamond engagement ring. My wedding ring is a 12 stone diamond wrap. It is perfect! My husband picked it out alone and it was exactly what I would have picked myself!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2010