My son was declined life insurance because they said he had Aspergers 3. what is Aspergers 3

BUDDYBEC

Asked by BUDDYBEC at 10:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I feel for you. It will be very hard if not impossible to get private insurance for your child. I can't wait for the new health care laws to start. Pre-existing conditions will not stop our kids from getting coverage! For now, apply for Medicaid. He won't be denied. That's all we could do for our son, who is Autistic. Asperger Syndrome is a part of Autism, usually the more functional form, but the DSM-V is proposing changes to diagnoses, making all PDDs Autism. Here is some more info for you.

Talk to your child's dr., and find a place that treats people with Autism. There are many services you can get.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Aspergers is one of the Autism spectrums. Go talk to his pediatrician.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• This came up on life insurance? Never before? I think you need to talk to his doctor ASAP! Do you mean health insurance? I am just curious to why your buying life insurance for a teenager? They usually at most draw blood, and that is it.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:06 AM on Nov. 16, 2010