Why are people so head strong against Induction? adult content

Why are some people so head strong against Induction? Have you had a pregnancy were you were induced and another were you were not? What were the differences? If you would like to share facts that you have found feel free to post them BUT DO NOT TRY TO SCARE SOMEONE OUT OF INDUCTION.. (You never know someone could read this who is suppose to be induced to tomorrow and then not want it, even tho it is necessary for them) I have no personal experience with it but I have been with 2 ppl who were induced, but they were first timers.. Both went really well and neither had any complications.

Lena-Loo

Asked by Lena-Loo at 10:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was 42 weeks along and had pre-eclampsia. I'd choose induction any day, rather than the possibility of having a seizure and harming myself and my child.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I was induced and had no problems. My sister was induced, was in labor for 2 days and ten had a c-section. I think it raises your chances of a c-section.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• People are against induction for non-medical reasons because women who are induced are at a higher risk for complications and needing an unplanned c-section.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I was induced with my only pregnancy and I can honestly say that I personally regret it. However, every woman should do what is best for them. I just urge any woman who is looking to be induced to read up as much as possible and know all the facts and all the options.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Agreed with hot-mama, I don't think anyone is really against a medically necessary induction (I had one at 38 wks due to kidney disease) but women go as far as having inductions around 37 weeks when they could just wait until 40 and their baby is 100% done..

The basic principle I guess is that almost only counts in horseshoes & hand grenades.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We are headstrong against unnecessary inductions. Meaning: 39 or 40 weeks along and no issues, doctor or mom just want baby out.

NO ONE is against medically necessary ones for placenta issues, blood pressure issues and the like.

Induction for selfish reasons on mom's or doctors part is a health risk to mom and baby and Inductions and other interventions can and do lead to c-sections. ONLY because of all the actions taken and not because of necessity.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The reason that people feel so strongly against induction is because it has often be used for the wrong reasons..like to give birth on a certain day..or because the doctor has a holiday booked. If your due date is off (which is not rare) you could be inducing a premature baby. I had a friend so was induced and 38 weeks..turns out she was really 34 weeks and her baby spent a month in the hospital. Induction has also shown to be more painful and then you start on the all the medical interventions. The contractions are longer and harder (because they are synthetic) and baby can go into distress because of this. Also mom is in more pain and then needs an epidural/narcotics which also have risks to mom and baby..if labour stalls because of these interventions mom ends up with a cesarean and baby needs resuscitation because of the meds mom took.
    Induction can be necessary but like any medical procedure comes with risks.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• There are good valid reasons for induction, health reason, more than 10-14 days past date, low fluid.... Induction for the convenience of the doctor or mother when the body isn't ready leads to a greater chance of c-section. Induction it's self isn't 'bad' it is just used to often for convince IMO.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:05 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree with everyone, unless it's medically necessary let your baby decide when he or she is ready rather than forced into labor before they are ready for other non-medical reasons.

I was induced with my son at 39 weeks because i'm a diabetic, our placentas can give less nutrients, blood and oxygen sooner which is why it's the "norm" to deliver at 39 weeks for diabetics (not really because of larger babies, unless the diabetes is out of control)! It ended in a c-section.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• But Toby's mom, just saying, all of those are POSSIBILITIES I don't support induction by choice, but it's not like a mom is going to SERIOUSLY endanger the life of her child by means of induction.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2010