My husband went away to a convention at a casino. He has had problems with gambling.

How can I make sure he does make us go broke and what words of wisdom can I use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• mines a gambler too. we keep everything separate though. if everything is combined i'd take all checks, credit cards from him and let him take a specific amount of cash and thats it. sad when we cant trust them to not ruin us, i know the feeling.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would call the casino, email them a picture and tell them he to not let him play....seriously! casinos have lists of people who are not allowed to play/gamble. I live around several casinos, my daughter works at one of them and the lists are there....if you don't want to go that route take away the debit cards/credit cards and checks
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Ouch that is a major problem do you have seperate checking accounts,if you don't I would get one and save every penny you can. I would put your foot down on this one and put a stop to it,see if you can get him interested in something else. I wish I had better advice.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You should have kept his debit and credit cards and sent him off with a specific amount of cash. That way he couldn't gamble even if he wanted to.
    Now, you'll just have to remind him that wasting money gambling isn't worth it and that you trust him to do the right thing.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• oh no! well can you talk about it and make sur eit X amt of money every month and no more or X amount every other month? GL
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Finally someone that shares what I am going through.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• credit cards are gone! I am so glad. There is just the debit card but he told me to trust him. I hope fingers crossed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• keep the bank card
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 3:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010