my sons 6th grade teacher

So far my son has been having a difficult time with a teacher, she has taught my older children and she also goes to my church. I'm concerned however because my son was crying this morning and said he doesnt want to go tto school anymore because the teacher is always making him stay in for recess and says that she doesnt give him his papers or that she will forget about him. II dont know what to say or do that will make things better,I'm not their and I don't know what he's doing. He's generally pretty good at home and listens to me so I'm concerned I'm also worried that this teacher could be pulling the wool over my eyes and just being rude to my kid. I could be wrong but I know how teachers can be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Maybe show up one day at recess time.. if he is inside instead of out. Ask her why ad how often does he stay in.
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Please get in touch with her. You need to have a long talk with this teacher. Poor kid, I feel so bad for him....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• what should I say?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I went to the first ptc and she said that he goofs off with other kids in the class so I talked with him abotu then he told me that he does goof off when his work is done and he said everyone else in the class does too and that the teacher always yells at him first and he gets really emotional about it and tears up. It breaks my heart to see him so sad but at the same time maybe he is doing something wrong and he is just an emotional child.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• When I have issues with a teacher I do a pop up visit. But before I go kn ocking on the door I'll stand outside the door and look in. From my expeirences the teachers usually don't notice me til I do knock and let myself in. The one time a teacher was rude to my child and my child complained I went and had a meeting with the principal. My child and I went the next morning to talk to the pricipal, I took her so she could express her feelings of the mistreatment. Then we sent her to class and I expressed my feelings as well. If the treatment continued I informed them that I would go to the superintendants office and file a complaint. No more problems. Sometimes we as parents have to fight for our children and teach them its ok to stand up for them selves even against an adult but teach them the right way to do it. Hope this helps!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• okay so I spoke with my sons teacher and she says he is coming in late in the morning at least two days a week,but for one he has orchestra in the morning then afterwards he goes and gets himself some breakfast so he is late doing that and I told her that unless he is caught goofing off he shouldnt miss recess I feel. She claims he doesn't do his work but my son is adamant the he does do his work and that the teacher is lieing and says she hates him. She told me that some kids were claming that my son was throwing rocks at them and my son swears up and down to god above that he didnt do that so I told the teacher that sometimes kids will say whatever they want to get someone else in trouble or to get the spotlight off of them. I'm still very concerned and feel like this is going nowhere.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i would do as a pp suggested.. do a pop up visit and watch for a while before letting them know you are there. you will be able to see what really is going on. your son could be the one who is getting attention off of him ???
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I had a similar problem once and after my many attempts to talk to the teacher about it, I finally went to the principal and laid it on the line. My son is a good kid, my son loves school and has since preschool, this teacher had him so stressed and distraught my son didn't want to go school. He told me the things she was saying were lies, that she hated him, never would help him when he asked questions and many times I would get papers sent home with bold red notes that said things "don't you know how to read directions" "Did you really read thedirections". So I took those papers and all the examples my son had given me to the principal, needless to say I was furious by this point. After that conversation miraculously things changed. I suggest a pop up visit and then a trip to the principal. If your son has not had these problems previously with other teachers, then I have to believe there is something going on.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2010