What medications does your doctor have on their 'safe' list?

I noticed that a lot of doctors have very different lists of 'safe' OTC drugs to use during pregnancy. What was/is on your list? Why do you think they are so different?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 11:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As a rule, instead of posting information that may or not be accurate for a woman to read I suggest they ask their doctor since they all have an answering service.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• All that I can remember from mine were regular strength Tylenol and Sudafed. I think they vary so much because each medication comes with risks and it just depends what your doctor feels is "safe" in their own opinion.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have a pain condition & bad hips. I was told to do my best to stay off any and all meds. But if I absolutely needed something to take Tylenol. If that doesn't work they gave me Rx meds that they said were safe, but nothing else...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• ANY medication should be okay'd by your doctor first. While it may be okay for the majority, there may be a risk you are unaware of in your pregnancy or family history that may make them decide it's not safe to take.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2010