i have a nipple ring. when i take it out will the milk flow be normal or will it come out of the holes from the ring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no. Here is a good article on the subject.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I also have my nipples pierced, lactating clogs your rings during pregnancy and is both painful and could be a vessel for infection. Switch the barbells to plastic ASAP, and clean them daily. During bfing, make sure to remember to take the rings out before feeing your baby lol.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I meant no the milk won't come out of the nipple ring holes... your flow will be normal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No, milk POURS out of the nipple ring holes. Which is why it's important if you're going to leave your rings in to clean on the daily!
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It is anatomically impossible for milk to come out of your piercing holes. I had my nipples pierced and took them out the night before my Son was born. I had no scar tissue, and successfully breastfed for 8 months! Anyone who says they have had milk come out of their piercing holes is either seeing things or full of caca. ;P
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I could take a picture AJ, it's happening to me right now.

Milk still comes out of the front holes, but also out of the holes. It could be because mine aren't healed all the way, but still. No. It's definitely milk, it's definitely coming out of the nipple ring hole, and I don't like being called full of shit when I attempt to help someone. Maybe don't go with a definite all or nothing when you're going to try and tell someone they don't know what they're seeing.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• gabrielle, when they pierced you the hole connected somehow to your milk duct. Not everyone's do that. It depends on where the piercer hit when he did it. I had it done, and have had 4 kids. Mine never did that, not even once.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Ahhh stupid keyboard!!! can't type today!! Sorry! ;P
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Thank you Musicmom, that's much better than someone blatantly saying I'm just full of shit!
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• my doctor told me the same thing aj said so...................and i didn't have milk come out either!!
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 12:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010