Thanksgiving Hosts: Do your guests stay overnight?

Usually mine live close enough to go home after dinner, but a few (who over eat, and have one glass of wine too many) sometimes stay the night.

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 11:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• My sister, who is a widow and lives 2 1/2 hours away, will be staying a couple of days. Everyone else will go home.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Every heads back to their own homes. Mom lives just 6 houses away and MIL about 4 miles, so it's no great trek for them. SIL stays at MIL's, which is fine because her large dog is not staying in my house.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My mother is staying with us from Wednesday until Monday. The rest of our guests are leaving Thursday after dinner.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 11:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• It depends on who's coming....most often they go home, but sometimes we have out of state guests that stay...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My MIL usually does TG dinner, and Dh and I and our grandson will go down and stay the night before if we are going to Downtown Detroit to see the parade and sometimes the night of...we live 1 1/2 away, but like to have a few drinks while there, neither of drink and drive...
    This yr tho we are just going for dinner and then home...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We're going to my son's house, 4 hours away, and since I have a bad back, we're staying in a near-by hotel, rather than sleep on the blow-up mattress, which is all they have room for in their tiny place.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Well we have a group coming from far away (8 hours) so yup they are staying here. Yippia more people and more fun with food.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010