Agree or disagree? ~ Wayne Dyer

"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about."

~ Wayne Dyer ~ (1940 - ) American self-help advocate, author, and lecturer.

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I agree...definition of ignorance is the lack of intelligence. How can you reject/disagree with somethng if you don't have all of the information.
    LoriannMc

Answer by LoriannMc at 11:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Disagree. I don't have to taste poison to know that its bad for me. I can take others opinions on it.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• agree--thats why its important to learn as much as you can about something before you say its wrong, evil, or just something you dont believe in.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I agree. Although different people will argue that you don't TRULY know about the thing you personally disagree with or reject. When in actuality, you may very well know plenty about it. It's just that some people don't like it when you disagree with them.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Agree...How can you reject it if you know nothing about it. The definition of ignorance is lack of knowledge or the state of being uninformed.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Agree.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Oh, I completely agree. How can you even know whether you agree with something if you haven't taken the time to even know what it presents/claims, or if you haven't taken the time to understand it? That's just willful ignorance, and is, IMO, the "highest"/worst kind of ignorance there is, because with all of the information available its almost inexcusable.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Completely agree.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Agree
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• totally agree
    youna

Answer by youna at 10:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010