anyone else caring for a sick child? my son is in bed :(

DS is 2. He woke up 2am coughing and never got good sleep afterwards. He has been vomiting all day and has a low grade fever. I just sent him to bed. Poor lil guy! I had to cancel speech therapy and she told me something is going around. In particular, a stomach bug. I hope he doesnt have that! He cant hold down any food :(

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 11:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Health

• Yep..both my kids were up all night vomiting (they are 9months and 21 months) and now my husband has locked himself in the bathroom :S
    I think our family has been hit with the stomach flu..yuck.
    I feel dizzy and sick..but no vomiting. Hopefully I can stay healthy to take care of everyone.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• goodness! I hope so tobysmommy! I am a bit stuffy but nothing more. I just ask that I can hang in there till tonight. I have a job interview at 5 lol
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Just remember to keep giving fluids. Try chicken noodle soup not don't eat the noodles only the broth. It will settle his tummy. Give him pedialyte to replace his electrolytes he is losing. Room temp fluids like 7up,sprite,gingerale. Chicken noodle has been proven to help,it always works for me and my family. Let me know how he is doing. Message me,o.k. Must push the soup and fluids so he won't dehydrate.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• thanks so much dancer! I'm letting him nap right now, since he was up in the middle of the night. But DO have some chicken noodle soup! I dont have any electrolyte drinks but the convenience store is right down the road.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Gatorade is good too,if they don't have pedialyte the gatorade does the same thing.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yep, my 4yr old is sick again today. I think he caught the nasty bug that his older brother had last week....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010