How much time do you engage with your children in activities?

Okay, we all know we have so much to do: cooking, shopping, shuttling the kids around, cleaning, laundry, answering questions on Cafe Mom (haha), etc. etc. So what are some of the things you do everyday to engage your children?

jeroneka

Asked by jeroneka at 11:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• As much as possible! It is hard especially when my husbands kids r here because they make 4 lol...But I try to give them each a little 1 on 1 time every day. And then make time to sit down and do some thing with all of them together. Even if its just watching a movie or coloring with them...They just enjoy the time together and so do I :)
    m_sawyer

Answer by m_sawyer at 12:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Of Course everyday!
    We play Chase.
    Read together. Well, as much as they'll allow me too. My daughter sits and listens to the first few pages, but my son just wants to turn the page. Then he'll wander off and soon my daughter will want to flip. Ahh!
    Color.
    We roll the ball back and forth.
    I play with their toys with them.
    We sing songs.

My kids are two years old and one year old. They love when I interact with them, especially when we play chase or I tackle them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Everyday my daughter and I try to watch a tv show of her choice together and she explains bit by bit whats going on. Then we do a naptime story before nap. When she wakes up we usually try to go outside for 30 minutes and play soccer, color with chalk, ride her bike or just take a walk. Usually we get a bedtime story in and some coloring. Its hard with work and grocery shopping plus cleaning and what not but I try to include her with stuff i do around the house like straightening up and folding laundry.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 9:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would say about 6-7 hours a day total. I home school her so we are always together. We do "field trips". Plus we just have regular play too- playing board games, coloring, etc. But she is an independant little girl so she likes to have her alone time too.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You guys are awesome! This is great to see. I especially appreciate stressedmomma13, homeschooling is only for the patient mommas! It is great that you still find time to engage in fun, after engaging in learning all day! Keep up the good work!
    jeroneka

Comment by jeroneka (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Nov. 17, 2010

• we do crafts, we do a movie time, and we do outside /park time. Also they help cook :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2010