Why are people who make over 200k who don't want their taxes raised considered greedy?

But the people who have their hand out taking money from the government that came from those hard working individual not considered greedy. They want more money too. Is there not greed on both sides. Which is worse the people who worked hard for their money who want to keep it or at least get a say in where their money should go, or the people who just want to take money that belonged to some one else?

slick05

Asked by slick05 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• We pay over 400k in taxes each year. Under Obama that would change and we would pay much more. We give 20 percent of our wealth to charity, 10 percent to our church, and we sponsor a women's shelter. Our employees make 18-20 an hour to start out and we provide full benefits. We do a lot. Some of that will change if Obama gets his tax plan in place. We are not going to sacrifice investments and our children's college so we will make cuts. We should not have to do that but we will.

Cont.

Anonymous

• We spent 10 years working our tales off so we could live in the lap of luxury. I worked 100 hours a week with no breaks half the time. My husband did the same. We waited to have our children when we could provide for them. We have three homes in the USA and we earned all three. We should not have to downsize or economize because Obama and his groupies say so.

cont.

Anonymous

• We did this on our own. We took 100 bucks and built up three business' on our own. We give more than most do and the charities we donate to manage their money better than the government could. Our employees have great health care and free gym memberships. Our taxes go up some things for our employees will have to go. Those who think redistribution of wealth is a good idea have clearly never had anything taken from them against their will before. That is what will happen. We will downsize and move our companies out of the country if needed. We pay more than our fair share we are part of the top 1 percent who pay 80 percent of the taxes already.

cont.

Anonymous

• Just wanted to say this is an excellent question!
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• cont. We already pay more than we should have to when well over a third of Americans pay nothing. We don't need more taxes we need better spending habits and to cut taxes for all who actually pay them. Those who pay in 600 over the year and then get 5k back at tax time are not tax payers. I probably sound bitter but this issue infuriates me. Work hard, go to school, use birth control effectively and make better life choices. It is not my fault the very young moms who did not finish school and have 3 kids cannot pay her bills. It is her fault. She made choices that caused her to live in poverty. I am really sick of Obama and his groupies right now.

Anonymous

• to anon. I made a comment about companies taking their business out of this country (on another question a while back) and I was basically told that I was crazy that companies wouldn't do that. Good to know that I wasn't crazy when I made that comment. Since you just confirmed that is what you might have to do.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i don't think they are greedy i think they are hard working and don't blame them if they want to continue to work for what they earn and keep what they earn.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Half of our wage goes for taxes and health care. No one likes to pay taxes, so who should pay the taxes. When is the taxes fair.

I have always paid for my homes in CASH with in my means but people who have morgages that don't buy homes with in their means get a tax break, is that fair?

What about women who have babies, they get a child tax credit where couples without babies don't, is that fair

I don't have anything to write off on my taxes because I have NO debt but people who have big debt can, is that fair. Just because you spend money foolishly you get a break, is that fair.

Tax is never fair to everyone, and most of the time the rich come out the best, if they have enough sense to get a good accountant.
    Anonymous

• You people are really something. You talk about having something taken from you against your will. At 15, I had my Father takened against my will, from a heart attack. At 16 I had to work to help my mom support us and my grandparent and to try and get my brother through college. I have worked hard all my life, but I pray I will never be as cold as the people here. My family have done pretty well, but I would give every thing I own to have my father back,. Look in the Mirror people you are a perfect example of GREED.
    Anonymous

• anon 7:09 couples without kids probably don't get a child tax credit because they don't have any kids. hmmmm......I almost understood you're argument until you threw that one in their. so do you think couples with no kids should get a tax credit because they don't have kids...is that fair?
    Anonymous