Date Night

how often do you and hubby go out alone for date night? Do you think you go often enough? Do you think it helps your relationship?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• We try to go out atleast once a week and YES it helps! I love our alone time and it is a must for a healthy and happy marriage.
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We haven't gone out alone since a wedding in September. I think after the holidays we should really set up a regular schedule especially since our girls are older with many plans of thier own. I know it would strengthen our current rocky situation. Right now I work 4 nights a week with increasing hours during the holidays. When I worked during the day I felt more like the cook, maid, and nanny than a wife.
    Suzette133

Answer by Suzette133 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• These days. We have "date night" whether we go out or stay home, just about every night.
    When our son was still at home and a teen, we went out for date night usually 2-3 times a week.
    When our son was younger we would go out for date night 1 a week minimum, and make special time just for the 2 of us every single night. Even if it was just 30 minutes of just "us" time, we made sure we got it.

Do I think it helped our marriage of 25 years. Absolutely!! Those date nights, and even the special just "us" time here at home, helped keep us connected, it helped to keep our relationship a priority. It also encouraged loving feelings and actions between the two of us which helped keep us loving/being in love/treating one another in love.

Cont.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Date nights at home, and making special time for just the 2 of you at home. Is just as affective in a marriage as going out and painting the town red is. What makes these things affective isn't the going out together, it's the interpersonal interaction between the 2 people. How they look at one another, how they speak to one another, what they talk about, how they touch, etc.. Those things can all be done 24 hours a day right at home. It just takes putting in the effort to do those things to one another.

Treating each other with loving actions goes a long way. A lot longer than a date here and there will. Because the actions and how you treat one another daily will keep you connected, keep you loving/acting in love/feeling in lofe. Which is why people go on "dates", to keep those feelings alive. Those feelings can be kept alive just by the way a couple chooses to interact with one another on a daily basis.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We have "date night" every Friday night. We tuck the kids into bed and then we make dinner for ourselves, and spend the evening together.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 12:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Just the two of us...about once (maybe twice) a year. Not often enough.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2010