What was your most unexpected pregnancy symptom?

Was there something that really took you by surprise?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I expected cravings, but it seemed like from the moment I became pregnant, all I wanted to do was gorge my self on strawberries.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 12:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Absolute, ridiculous, all-consuming appetite. I ate every 2 hours or more around the clock. The appetite never went away. The hunger pain made me double over. I cried because I'd get so hungry and had just eaten. I cried because I couldn't sleep through the night because I'd wake up in gut-wrenching hunger pain. Yet, I only gained 40 lbs. I know it's more than recommended, but the way I was eating, you'd think it would have been a LOT more.
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 12:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Headaches!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• The difference in my pregnancies. I prayed to not throw up with my first and, I did. 2 months solid. I prayed to throw up with my 2nd and, I did not. (except that one time I had a stomach bug for FOUR days)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 12:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Nosebleeds! From 17 weeks on! Storm drainers!
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 12:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I would say the even worse absence of a sex drive. You hear how it usually becomes stronger during pregnancy, but I had absolutely none for all 3 pregnancies.
    momof3blondies

Answer by momof3blondies at 12:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I, too, had the severe hunger. I would get so hungry but nauseous at the same time during the first trimester and this hunger was my very earliest sign of pregnancy. My other surprise was that I did not have so many of the commom symptoms- my breasts didn't get bigger or tender, I didn't have to pee all the time early on, etc.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Back pain from 6 weeks on. I didn't think I would have it until close to delivery. I gained very little weight and my back still hurt so bad it was, at times, unbearable.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I ended up with Pupps from about 6 1/2 months till I gave birth. It is basically a rash mostly on the abdomen, that some pregnant women get. I had never heard of it before. The itching was insane and didn't go away till after I had my son. I think the itching was worse than the pain.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• With my 4th it was beef jerky. Which was very crazy, because I really cannot stand jerky of any kind lol.
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2010