Substitute coconut butter for regular butter?

I have a cookie recipe that already calls for shredded coconut and wanted to use coconut butter rather than regular butter; anyone ever try that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes, it's delish! Coconut butter is so good for you on so many levels. It tastes great & is also LOADED with Omega fatty acids....something regular butter is not. I use coconut butter instead of regular butter all the time. It is more expensive though.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have never even heard of coconut butter! Sounds like it would be amazing in cookies, but where do you ladies find it? I would like to try it!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• yes yes yes, it's great to coat your pan with cooking deserts
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i have never heard of coconut butter either, is it the same as coconut oil? the store i shop at sells jars of coconut oil and my mom uses coconut oil too.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 12:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I've been incorporating coconut oil into my diet for its numerous health benefits. I do eat coconut butter but have never used it in recipes soI wanted to hear some feedback before trying it. rhianna1708: I buy it at Whole Foods.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010