Do you get upset when a teacher disiplines (holds your child accountable) your child??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• For what?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Not at all...I wish they would do it more often.
    Anonymous

• No, why would I be? If my son did something wrong then I expect him to be held accountable for his actions.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Not if he did it. I get upset when the class is acting up and she punishes them as a whole. Or if she keeps them after class which screws up my schedule.
    But I do not get upset if they truly did something wrong and they knew it was wrong.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Not if they did something wrong.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If my child is misbehaving in class, then it is the teacher's job to diciplin them according to the regulations set by the school board. I'm not there to diciplin my child, so I would hope that a teacher or school official would step in. Of course, I would want them to notify me if the situation calls for it, so that I can continue the punishment at home. However, of course I would want a school official to take action if my child is in some way misbehaving.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I just know alot of parents that instantly claim their child is innocent and go right to blaming the teacher and it drives me nuts!!!
    skittles1108

Comment by skittles1108 (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Not as long as thet deserve it. Teachers are already walking around on pins and needles worrying if they will get in trouble. If my kid did it then go for it. then they will get it from me to when they get home.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• HA, its always the teachers fault! (sarcasm, if you didn't catch it ;))

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My children's teachers don't have to discipline them. I make sure they understand the school rules BEFORE going.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010