Sex During Pregnancy

Despite the old saying that medical and religious miracles aside, every pregnancy started with a sex act.
When is it safe to start having sex while pregnant? Is it safe? Did you do it?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm pregnant and enjoy the sex/love making that me and my SO have during pregnancy. There is no time that you can't have sex, unless there's some kind of medical issue and your doctor requires you not to do it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• From beginning to en it is safe as long as your doctor does not say otherwise. For my husband and I it is a great time to have sex because I am not taking any type of birth control so I have nothing changing my hormones. Toward the end it can be a bit uncomfortable in different positions but you just had to adjust.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I had sex constantly..I took advantage of those 38 weeks with no bleeding.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 12:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• its totally safe to have sex as long as ur doc says its ok! i was never in the mood so we didnt do it very often,my poor hubby! :-(
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We never stopped. Your right, it started with sex and we just kept on going, even on delivery day. Its safe for most people, unless your doctor says no I would just keep on going!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Because of my high risk status I was told to avoid sex throughout the pregnancy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I had different providers for my pregnancies, and all of them said it is perfectly safe to have sex any time in a normal pregnancy. The only point where it really affected our sex life was at the very end when none of our favorite positions worked and it wasn't very comfortable for me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• There's no reason the average woman can't have sex every day of her pregnancy should she choose to... As long as you stop once labor starts, there is no danger in sex during pregnancy for most women. However, if your doctor advises against sex or you are having to much pain, it's best to hold off until you have the medical clear or your doctor gives you the okay...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• yes it can be injoyale
    hotmama625

Answer by hotmama625 at 7:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• If the pregnancy is normal and a low-risk, you can enjoy sex throughout the whole pregnancy. For us, we couldn't. I'm high risk and am always on partial bed rest and full pelvic rest through the whole thing.
    Mamie_85

Answer by Mamie_85 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010