how do you serve chicken soup to a toddler?

my son is sick. I'd like to try and serve chicken soup for lunch. He isnt holding anything down, but I still want to try. Since he's feeling a bit weak today, could I put the broth in a sippy cup?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I agree to put the broth in a cup for him but if he's sick it's for a reason and a lot of times eating isn't the answer and makes it worse. sometimes the body itself is going through sooo much that food makes it worse. broth in a sippy cup sounds great but don't get disappointed if he doens't keep it down either. he will get through it
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 12:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes put the broth in his sippie, and give him the soup without the liquid. I hope this helps.
    Ganell87

Answer by Ganell87 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have a toddler and I give him the juice WITH the noodles (cut up) in a small bowl or on a saucer. I have a 16 month old.
    ps. make sure the soup is cool before placing in sippy or on your good china.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 12:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I always pureed things and put it in the sippie cup when cooled a bit. This way, you get the veggies in also.
    heartmom109

Answer by heartmom109 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Sure could! Thats an awesome idea actually! Good luck, hope he feels better soon!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Don't give him the noodles,put the broth in a sippy cup. Doctors say only broth.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I always feed my children when I really want them to eat something like chicken soup when they are sick. I have tried putting it in a sippy and not one of my boys would drink it.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010