Which religion do you think is the most benevolent?

Out of the following:

Buddhism
Taoism
Christianity
Islam
Hinduism
Wicca/Pagan

And why is that?

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 12:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Don't know enough about all of them to give a "most" to.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I'd say Buddhism. Why? Because that what their leaders teach. Some Christian churches are as well, but I suppose all religions have members who are.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i guess it would have to be christian wouldnt it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• According to the (non-Christian) Sociologist, Rodney Stark in his book, The Rise of Christianity: A Sociologist Reconsiders History, it is Christianity.

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• oh yeah..why...because there are more christians than anything else
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have to say Christianity. The foundation of Jesus's teachings is to be kind, and to express goodwill towards others, as well as selflessness.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My personal view.

They are all benevolent.. One is not any more benevolent than the other. All religions are equal in my eyes. All are full of love, wisdom, wise teachings and guidance. All have something to offer it just takes being willing to see what all they each have to offer the world/people. It is what one choose to take from a religion, how one chooses to follow that religion, what one chooses to do with a religion that makes a religion look less than others, not the religion itself. People bastardize religion for their own means everyday, those people lack benevolence, not the religion they choose to bastardize.

Being raised Hindu. I believe ALL religions are a path to God. There is no one single true path. Only a true path for each individual. I find benevolence in all religions. However, I do not find benevolence in all followers/believers/adherents.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Pixie_Trix... how did you get so wise? I LOVE your answers. You inspire me everyday!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Being raised Hindu. I believe ALL religions are a path to God. There is no one single true path. Only a true path for each individual. I find benevolence in all religions. However, I do not find benevolence in all followers/believers/adherents. "

I could not agree more. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Of course, as expected, anyone who says Christianity gets down voted. Haters.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2010