Monster-in-law.

Ok, if you've seen this before, it's because I've posted it before, but now I am FUMING!!! My almost-5-month-old son was spending every Saturday at my MIL's house while DH and I were at work. Well she has 5 dogs, 4 cats and a prarie dog and their house is always a mess. He always came home with a stuffy nose and I got sick of it. Well this past Saturday, I didn't have to work until late (6:30pm) and DH got out at 7 so we left DS with my mom, partially because I wanted to check and see if his nose cleared up from not being around the animals and partially because it was such a short time. CONT BELOW

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well my MIL came into the store where I work and passed me walking in but didnt say anything. On her way out I said "Gee, thanks for saying hi" just kidding around and she says "Yeah, thanks for turning your back on us." gets in her car and drives away!!! Is that not the most immature thing you have ever heard of? I was FUMING mad and told DH that our son is NOT to go over there until she apologizes but he thinks this is wrong. What do you think???
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Screw her - you have to do what is best for your child. What is best for him is to not be in a house that has animal hair all over and is making him stuffed up. I wouldn't leave my child alone with MIL again. She sounds like a real bitch and tell her DH to stand up for you and be a man and cut the cord already. Damn I'm sick of men still hanging off their momma's tit. He needs to realize that you and your son are his priority now - not his mom.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 6:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• your baby shouldn't be there anyways because of the cat litter and it's very harmful to babies and pregnant women
    Anonymous

• Im totally on your side with this!! My b/f's mom is terrible when it comes to how I feel and about what I think. My opinion is that its your child, you are responsibile for the health and well being of your child, if she cant keep a clean house then maybe she shouldnt watch the child at her house.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• That sounds like the kind of relationship you - and your child - don't need! I would stick to your guns on this one.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 7:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2008