Does he want to hurt himself?

My son has begun the terrible twos early. When he gets upset he will bang his head on the floor. I know that is normal but what really gets me is when he is playing, he wants to do the most dangerous things. I have my house completely baby proofed and updated for toddler heights. I'm usually close enough to catch him when he falls but every once in a while I am only close enough to see it happen. I tell him no and he won't listen, he falls and will not learn from his mistakes. It's driving me nuts.

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 12:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I thought my son was the only one beating himself up! lord have mercy kids are a handful!!
    BabeeOnBoard

Answer by BabeeOnBoard at 2:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Mine tries to dive off the sofa. It happens, you either have to redirect or discipline.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• he is just seeinf how far he can go so to speak. he's learning new things and banging his head is one of them, rolling off the couch on purpose, goofy things they do.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• ya there just testing the limits. to see how far they can take it. my son to is bangin his head on a wall. its just a phase.
    InsaneAngel

Answer by InsaneAngel at 1:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• You know,the 'terrible two's" refers to the second year,which means it begins at a year old,not at 2 yrs old,so he's right on track,sorry!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2010