Child Pornography???

Is it illegal to take pictures of your children in the bath?? if so what if there is no private parts exposed??

19withtwins

Asked by 19withtwins at 1:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Im doing stuff completely illegal then! I take pictures of them in the bath all the time!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• No. If there are no private area's exposed it's not legally childporn, BUT, some over zealous CPS workers CAN make things hard for you should the issue ever come up...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Are you serious? Of course not. Who is going to enforce what kind of photos you take? I have bath photos of all my kids.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have all kinds of bath pics of my kids. Its not illegal. Its the context of it. Just a bath picture..nothing wrong with that. I suppose if someone took bath pics & gave them to pedofiles or posed the kid in a sexual way then that is illegal per say. Depends on the motive.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I have some of the sweetest photos of mine in the bath. If it is kept in the right context - then it is so ok.
    ashbyee

Answer by ashbyee at 1:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't think so. I just took pics of my little one the other day, and she was SO posing. But come on, how could you pass up her taking her nudy just bathes self and getting into her pink cowboy boots and prancing about.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 1:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• There was a story of a woman who was taking pics of her kids in the bath and someone idiot walmart worker called cps and they took them away for a short time. Ever since then I getnervous about it but know its utterly ridiculous....
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think it has to do with intent. Pictures of kids in the bathtub are totally different than pictures of kids in promiscuous poses.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I don't think it is illegal. It is way different than posing them provocatively.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Nice thing about a digital camera. I can have tub shots of my children, and not worry about some freak accusing me of molesting my own kids. People these days I tell ya. Just don't take them to a store to have them printed. Mine go nowhere buy my own home.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2010