Have you ever made a gingerbread house with your kids?

We do this every year and it's a hit with the kids :)

Do you have a favorite house or method or decoration that you want to share?

I am working on getting my ideas in line for the BEST house EVER!!

.science.mom.

Asked by .science.mom. at 1:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• 'We picked up a kit one yr and I let my then 4 yr grandson decorate it as he saw fit... LOL... it was cute...
    He would like to try his art again this yr on another gingerbread house (he is 9 now) and we are going to
    get him a kit and let him have at it... LOL...
    Those are the best decorations you can ask for.... it will have a special place as our family table center piece this yr...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I put together my first one ever last year with the grandchildren. I bought a kit, and it actually turned out pretty well. And we had a lot of fun putting it together.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We have done it for the past couple years. I have 3 kids so all 5 of us get together and just have fun, it may not be the prettiest gingerbread house but we have fun family time together and make good memories!!
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We have done some. We do our best but its more of a weird disaster then actually pretty. The kids have fun anyway.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We do at the kids school partys and then again at home
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 1:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My daughter is just getting to the age where we could do this. We may try it out this year.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• We do it every year. My daughter's bd is always around Thanksgiving and we usually have a gingerbread party. With 20-30 kids. The parents love this and spend the day out shopping. But last year was the last one. LOL. She got a horse this year so blah.
    HOwever my nieces are 4 and 7 so we will be doing this tradition with them. Yippia. I love kids. I love to give them a big sugar rush. Fun.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I made a "gingerbread house" (Really it was Graham Crackers! lol) when I was in 3rd grade. It was SOO fun!! We added all the holiday candy and M&M's, Mints, etc...

I've been thinking about getting a kit to see what that would be like. It seems fun and easy enough with a kit! lol
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• ours always fall apart.........lol
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes. I began with a grand idea to make one that looked like our house...but after a little research, and some practical thinking, I got a kit and just did that. It wasn't as special, but was easy on the nerves. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 6:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010