do you do arts and crafts at home with your little one? If so what age did you start?

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 1:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son has been coloring since about 9 months. This summer was great for chalk. It is also beneficial to give the little one a binky so they do not eat the crayons. My son is 21 months old now and for fall I cut out construction paper leaves and he colored them. Now we have a small string of fall leaves we can display each fall. He also painted pumpkins for Halloween.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• My son has been coloring since he could hold a crayon. We started doing actual art projects together at about 18 months. He loves to draw and paint and create things. He is making ornaments for everyone in the family for Christmas.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Yes, my little kids love doing crafts. Especially on holidays. We started when they were a year and a half to two years old. My youngest 4 and I have actually already planned to do little turkeys made out of milk cartons before Thanksgiving. :)
    KileighR

Answer by KileighR at 7:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• sure do..when they were 4
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• yes! I do my own crafts like wreaths, blankets, and candles...tc. The kids, ages 7,4,3 and 1 all do childrens rafts ith me too! I do wood burning and make signs, and then they get topaint the signs. ( the nes I make fpr them)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2010

• Yep, they are 4 and 5...we have been at it awhile now. around two or so. Today was handprint turkeys.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:13 PM on Nov. 17, 2010